Di Maria no show leaves future in doubt

first_img0Shares0000Angel Di Maria shows his United shirt after signing from Real Madrid last summer. PHOTO/FileSANTA CLARA, July 26- The future of unsettled Manchester United midfielder Angel Di Maria was thrown into doubt here Saturday after it emerged the Argentine international had failed to join up with the club’s US tour as scheduled.Di Maria, who has been strongly linked to a move to French giants Paris Saint Germain, had been due to arrive in California on Saturday to join United’s pre-season training camp. But United manager Louis van Gaal told reporters after his side’s 3-1 friendly victory over Barcelona at the Levi’s Stadium that Di Maria had failed to board a flight to San Francisco.“I have heard that he’s not on the plane so I cannot say anything,” van Gaal said.“I have heard that he was not on the plane,” he reiterated.Di Maria had been excused from the first part of United’s tour after playing in the Copa America along with fellow Red Devils team-mate Marcos Rojo.Rojo had also failed to join up with the United squad, but van Gaal put the defender’s no-show down to a passport issue.“I heard Marcos Rojo was not on the plane, he had passport issues,” van Gaal said.“But Di Maria I do not know.”A report on the website of Britain’s Daily Mail newspaper shortly before kick-off on Saturday said van Gaal had informed United’s players that Di Maria was set to join PSG.Di Maria joined United last year in a 59.7 million pound ($92.6 million) transfer from Real Madrid but has failed to settle during a difficult first season with the Premier League giants.0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)last_img read more

Rededication

first_imgDespite the upheaval, service to the community was not interrupted, Salinas said. “Staff worked diligently to ensure that the programs out of the department ran smoothly,” she said. “This building and department, even more so than City Hall, is the city’s true connection to the people,” said Lopez-Reid. “And we are so glad to have it open for business once again.” The building houses a multipurpose room, two conference rooms, offices and work stations for the 11-member staff. The landscaping in front of the building includes palms trees and two “early tradition” style lightposts. “It’s a beautiful building,” Lopez-Reid said. sandra.molina@sgvn.com (562) 698-0955, Ext. 3028 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! • Photo Gallery: Montebello Parks & Recreation MONTEBELLO – City officials reopened what they called “the face of the city” when they rededicated the Parks and Recreation Building on Wednesday. The 6,000-square-foot building was closed for nearly a year after a fire destroyed one of its storage rooms last December. “I am extremely glad to welcome our staff back home,” said Mayor Norma Lopez-Reid at a ribbon-cutting ceremony. AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MOREPettersson scores another winner, Canucks beat KingsThe fire prompted the city to close down the facility not only to repair the fire-damaged storage room, but to make other renovations already scheduled. The improvements, which cost $280,000 and were completed by Macco Construction, included painting the building’s interior and exterior, replacing water pipes, installing carpet to replace old tile and making the restrooms comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act. The building is also fire protected and was made energy efficient, said Tom Castillo, building official. “It feels good being home,” said Municipal Services Director Norma Salinas. “We are just trying to acclimate ourselves back into working in this building.” The parks and recreation staff was displaced and dispersed at City Hall, the Cathy Hensel Youth Center and a trailer adjacent to the Parks and Recreation Building. last_img read more